The softening point is the temperature at which a disk of the sample held within a horizontal ring is forced downward a distance of 25.4 mm under the mass of a steel ball as the sample is heated at a prescribed rate in a water or glycerine bath. The apparatus is a benchtop model which houses the components and a Panel PC with touch screen. A software running under Microsoft Windows Xp permits to select the test method and the test parameters, run the test automatically, store, retrieve and print data, diagnose and calibrate the instrument offering in the meanwhile all the features of Windows systems such as LAN connectivity. Besides, a unique cooling system, not fitted on other instruments permits to quickly cool down the sample allowing to handle the glassware and to perform a greater number of tests during a day by reducing the dead times between two analysis. The apparatus is suitable also to test coating mixtures and other materials different from bitumen.
- Enamel finished steel case.
- Pyrex beaker 1000 cc capacity for sample heating.
- Electric lifting device.
- Stainless steel sample support for up to two samples.
- Two brass ASTM rings, two centering devices and two steel balls.
- Electric stirrer with variable speed for the liquid bath: it can be excluded by turning off a switch on the control panel.
- Stainless steel heater.
- Brass cooling coil: tap water is used as cooling media and a solenoid valve is automatically opened by the controller when the test finishes.
- PC based controller with colour touch-screen interface.
- Photocell detector for softening point.
- Software characteristics: selection of the media used during the test, introduction of the test parameter through the touch-screen, selectable cooling time, storage of up to 400 test results and possibility of retrieve and print test reports, LAN connectivity, calibration and diagnostic routines.
- English written user manual.
- For 220 V/50 Hz connection: 800 W power consumption.
- Dimensions (l x w x h): mm 380 x 450 x 720 approx. Weight 40 Kg approx.
- CE marked.
AD0036-A00 Sample support
CAL001 PT100 simulator
CAL002 Officially certified PT100 simulator
AD0036-C00 Pyrex beaker
AD0036-C01 ASTM/IP ring
AD0036-C03 Centering ring
AD0036-C04 Steel ball
Specifications may vary without notice.
The apparatus is supplied bare without glassware (if any), accessories and consumables.