The apparatus consists of a penetrometer with adjustable head combined with a gear that permits a fine adjustment of the cone position right upon the bitumen sample: the results are showed on a digital display placed, together with an electronic timer in an independent control box.Optionally, refrigerated baths of various sizes are available (please require related technical bulletin): by connecting the bath to the transfer dish it is possible to penetrate samples while immersed in water at 25°C or other test temperatures.
- Robust flat aluminium base with centering device, spirit level and levelling screws.
- Encoder with 50 mm motion for penetration measurement.
- Digital penetration display with 1/10 mm accuracy.
- Electronic programmable timer for penetration time setting.
- Stainless steel cone plunger (47.5 g total weight) complete with electromechanical locking system. By pushing the start button the locking system is disabled: after the preset time (usually 5 seconds) the plunger is automatically locked in the reached position and the distance (penetration) from the top surface of the sample is shown on the display.
- Standard ASTM/IP needle, 2.5 g total weight.
- One 50 g and one 100 g load weights.
- Button for manual handling of the plunger.
- Mirror and spot light.
- Easy access control box which contains all the electronics: anodized aluminium control panel with English written indications.
- English written user manual.
- For 220 V/50 Hz connections. Power consumption 50 W.
- Dimensions (l x w x h): mm 350 x 325 x 350 approx. Weight: kg 15 approx.
- CE marked.
AD0005-100 Digital penetrometer for bitumens
AD0005-A00 Transfer dish
AD0005-A01 Brass sample container, Ø 70x45 mm
AD0005-A02 Brass sample container, Ø 55x35 mm
AD0005-A03 Penetration measurement calibration block
AD0005-C00 Needle acc. to ASTM D 5
AD0005-C01 Load weight 50 g
AD0005-C02 Load weight 100 g
AD0005-C03 Stainless steel plunger, 47.5 g
Specifications may vary without notice
The apparatus is supplied bare without glassware (if any), accessories and consumables.